Great opportunity to operate your own Lab at Cavalier County Memorial Hospital & Clinics in Langdon, ND.
We are looking to hire a Full-Time Laboratory Supervisor.
Benefited position. Employment starts 11-1-2021
The Lab Supervisor will supervise, coordinate, and participate in activities of workers performing various chemical, microscopic, and bacteriologic tests of body fluids, exudates, skin scrapings, and surgical specimens to obtain data for diagnosis and treatment of disease. Participates in the development and implementation of hospital policies and procedures. Maintains open communication with all staff to promote improvement in performance. Exhibits excellent leadership skills by assuming responsibility and exercising authority as required. This position requires a thorough knowledge of laboratory practice, policy and procedures and regulatory guidelines.
The position would involve shared call and rotating holidays with other lab personnel.
Requirements for the position are the following:
Graduation from an accredited college of laboratory science: MLS (CLS) (MT)
* Obtained a certification with one of the following accreditation agencies:
1. American Society of Clinical Pathology (ASCP) OR
2. American Medical Technologists (AMT)
Has a current licensure or eligibility from the North Dakota Board of Clinical Laboratory Practice
* Bachelor of Science degree (BS in MLS, CLS or MT) required.
* Experience as a clinical laboratory scientist (MLS or CLS or MT) in which administrative and supervisory competence has been demonstrated.
* Self-motivated, self-directed, energetic.
Five (5) years of experience preferred.