Catamount is seeking a Controller to join our team. Responsibilities include periodic financial reporting and analysis, coordinating the annual audit and budget process, preparing and analyzing monthly balance sheets and income statements, monthly member billing, accounts receivable, and applying best accounting practices. Bachelor's degree in Accounting, CPA preferred, proficiency in use of accounting software.
- Maximizes return on financial assets by establishing financial policies, procedures, controls, and reporting systems.
- Guides financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Protects assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls.
- Monitors and confirms financial condition by conducting audits and providing information to external auditors.
- Maximizes return and limits risk on cash by minimizing bank balances and making investments.
- Prepares budgets by establishing schedules; collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial data; recommending plans.
- Achieves budget objectives by scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Provides status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data.
- Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, anticipating future legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, filing financial reports, and advising management on needed actions.
- Ensures operation of equipment by establishing preventive maintenance requirements and service contracts, maintaining equipment inventories, and evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Maintains financial staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintains financial staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Protects operations by keeping financial information and plans confidential.