Castle Shannon Borough is currently accepting applications for the position of Borough Manager.
Castle Shannon Borough, a thriving community of approximately 9,000 encompassing 1.5 square miles located in Southern Allegheny County, Pennsylvania, is looking for a professional manager to help the Borough bring about a vision for business development and continuing enhancement of community space to include greater walkability and clean and green initiatives.
The Borough is looking for a committed public servant, knowledgeable about local government who is open to new ways of doing things, interested in the ideas of others, skilled in collaborative leadership, comfortable with technology, and able to research, plan and follow through with the successful implementation of ideas. The Borough is a member of regional councils for Ambulance Service (MRTSA) and Intergovernmental Cooperative (SHACOG).
The borough operates in a Council/Manager form of government (7-member Council and Mayor)
The Borough has approximately 35 employees with an operating budget of $6,000,000 (all funds).
The Borough Manager candidate should have the following:
* Extensive knowledge of public administration with reference to municipal administration.
• Master's Degree in Public Administration, Public Policy, or related field preferred.
• At least (5) years of progressively responsible experience in council/manager municipal government, with two (2) years at a management level. Experience as a Borough Manager, Assistant Borough Manager, or other executive level position is highly desirable.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office 365 and Outlook
• Grant writing experience.
• Experience working in a union environment.
• Strong ability to work collaboratively with teams and interact with the public.
Castle Shannon Borough is prepared to offer a competitive salary and benefits package to the right candidate.