Manager, Regulatory Affairs IICascade Natural Gas Corporation
Cascade Natural Gas Corporation
Manager, Regulatory Affairs II
Job Summary: Responsible for the management of the regulatory affairs function (for multiple jurisdictions for the Utility Group only) in accordance with applicable governing statutes, regulations and orders of State Regulatory Commissions (collectively, Commissions), and in accordance with regulatory techniques and practices appropriate within the natural gas, to maximize earnings and services to customers while operating within governmental regulations, company policy and legal requirements. Responsible for placing safety as #1 priority in day to day work routine for self and others.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor's degree in accounting, business, economics, finance, engineering or related field. Seven years progressively responsible regulatory experience in the energy industry. Three years prior supervisory or leadership experience.
1. Leads and participates in the development, filing and presentment of expert testimony to support the company position in matters before state and federal regulatory commissions and legislative bodies and representing the company during cross-examination thereof. Represents the company before the Commission(s) in forums other than formal hearings.
2. Participates in establishing strategies that plan, develop, organize, implement and evaluate the organizations regulatory function and performance.
3. Tracks and analyzes Commission Orders and Rule changes that affect company processes or regulatory strategies.
4. Keeps abreast of applicable statutes and commission rules and regulations. Interpret and comply with the various Commissions' filing requirements. Analyzes any proposed changes, which affect area of responsibility and make recommendations as appropriate.
5. Evaluates and advises on impact of long-range planning, introduction of programs/strategies and regulatory action.
6. Participates in the development and implementation of department goals for the Company's strategic plan, including the evaluation of staffing requirements, staff development, salary review, salary classifications and job descriptions.
7. Manages the preparation and filing of cost recovery mechanisms, including the fuel and purchased power cost adjustments and purchased gas cost adjustments, transmission, environmental, conservation, renewable and other tariff riders.
8. Establishes and maintains contact with regulatory agencies including the coordination of on-site audits.
9. Performs other tasks and special projects as assigned.
*Relocation assistance available*
The company offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that includes: Medical insurance, Dental insurance, Vision insurance, Life insurance for employees, spouses and dependents, Accidental Death Dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, Flexible spending accounts, 401(k) plan, with company match, Employee Assistance Program, Disability insurance, Sick Leave, Vacation.
Cascade Natural Gas Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected Veteran status. Kennewick, WA.