Product Development ManagerCarson Industries
Product Development Manager for Chimes/Garden:
A wholesale distributor of gift and inspirational merchandise is seeking a Creative Product Manager to organize and develop lines of chimes and garden product from concept to completion.
Responsibilities for this position include the planning and development of Chimes & Garden items for florists, gift & specialty stores. The product manager is also responsible for communication with international vendors to send direction of new product, manage quality, and cost along side directing our in house team of artists for new innovative product design. The ideal candidate must possess the following:
- Ability to identify trends in the industry and propose new product appropriate for our customer base
- Strong mathematical abilities used to interpret sales and finalize new pricing on product
- Experience in Product Development, Buyer experience or history of merchandising is recommended
- Must have excellent attention to detail while multi-tasking across multiple deadlines
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Effective problem solving and negotiation skills are required
- Strong organizational skills
- Self-starter with the ability to collaborate with other members of the product development team and internal departments
- Work with sales & upper management for development of new products, review new designs, product approvals & pricing
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs with emphasis in Excel, Mac OS environment, and an understanding of the Adobe Creative Suite
- Travel overseas to Asia vendors confirming details of new product development and attend industry trade shows.
- Travel domestically to industry trade shows
Salary is based on experience with profit sharing, health benefits and 401K options.
LOCAL candidates only.