Maintenance ElectricianCarpenter Technology Corporation
Carpenter Technology Corporation Maintenance Electrician
The Maintenance Electrician performs complex technical work, on a journeyman level, in the installation, operation, maintenance, modification, service and repair of electrical systems, manufacturing equipment, instrumentation, and related electro-mechanical systems. The Electrician inspects and tests elements of electrical systems to locate and diagnose faults and malfunctions, performs required repairs through replacement of inoperative parts or re-wiring of circuits. The Electrician also performs preventative and predictive maintenance duties to maximize equipment reliability.
Minimum Acceptable Qualifications:
• A high school diploma or the equivalent is required.
• Completion of a certifying technical training program in electrical maintenance or completion of an electrician’s apprenticeship is a plus, however, significant work experience in electrical maintenance beyond that required for the position may be substituted for the required education, technical training, or apprenticeship.
• At least five years of experience in the electrical trade is required. Experience should include a working knowledge of PLC and AC/DC drives.
• The ability to interpret wiring diagrams, blueprints, and electrical schematics is required.
• Must be able to apply electrical formulas and conversion tables to job requirements.
• The ability to use electrical test equipment and small hand and power tools, such as wrenches, drills, soldering irons, volt-ohmmeters, amp meters, circuit testers, and vacuum and pressure gauges, is required.
• Computer literacy is required.