Senior Software EngineerCapital One Services, Llc
Senior Software Engineer
Senior Software Engineer position with Capital One Services, LLC in Richmond, VA; Multiple positions available:
- Responsible for the overall technical design, development, modification, and implementation of computer applications using existing and emerging technology platforms.
- Analyze internal user needs and desired results and develop software solutions with responsibility for the delivery of software applications, with limited or no supervision.
- Develop complex applications using CI/CD, Python, Shell Scripting, Jenkins, AWS, Docker, Unix/Linux.
- Write, design, test, implement, and debug programs adhering to corporate requirements and standards.
- Perform application testing, validation, and documentation.
- Document design decisions and develop software components, adhering to existing process guidelines.
- Coordinate software installation and monitor implementation process.
- Monitor system performance trends and identify potential issues.
- Serve as an expert and knowledge source for the escalation of complex application design and development issues.
- Present complex IT concepts and project metrics to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Identify opportunities for improvement.
This position requires a Master’s degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Science, or a related technical field and 2 years of experience in job offered or application development. In lieu of a Master’s degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Science, or a related technical field and 2 years of experience in job offered or application development, will accept a Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent in the stated field and 5 years of progressive, post-baccalaureate experience as stated. Said or other experience must include at least 6 months of experience in: presentation of complex IT concepts and project metrics to both technical and non-technical audiences; CI/CD; Python; Shell Scripting; Jenkins; AWS; Docker; Unix/Linux. All listed qualifications may or may not be acquired concurrently. Must pass company’s assessment.