Purchasing ClerkCanyon Independent School District
Canyon Independent School District is seeking a Purchasing Clerk for their Canyon ISD District Support Center office.
Position qualifications include but are not limited to:
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalency
- Experience: Knowledge of general accounting principles & practices.
- Ability to use personal computer & office technology (computer, spreadsheets, & database applications)
- Ability to work with numbers in an accurate & rapid manner
- Proficient use of calculator &10-key
- Ability to work well with others & communicate effectively in written & verbal correspondence.
Position Responsibilities Include:
- Assist in initiating contact with vendors to check on supply & equipment availability, invoices, purchase orders, & contracts.
- Assist in obtaining & studying comparative prices & quotations.
- Assist in purchasing supplies & equipment for the district by competitive bidding, informal quotations, & negotiation following established district criteria & state/federal purchasing rules.
- Assist with the preparation of bidding documents, including notice, & instruction to bidders, specifications, & form of proposals.
- Work cooperatively with district personnel to determine appropriate specifications, sources, availability, pricing, shipping, & receiving.
- Prepare & submit district Purchase Orders to vendors & work professionally with staff to resolve issues that may arise.
Canyon ISD is an Equal Opportunity Employer