Customer Service Representative
BVU Authority (BVU) is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Customer Service Representative.
- Summary: Provide customer service and support to all BVU customers needing assistance with service changes, billing questions, complaints, and inquiries.
- FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Customer Service Representatives serve as front-line assistance to BVU customers. Representatives provide high-quality customer care for various incoming calls and walk-in customers by focusing on customer needs. Representatives provide professional interaction with customers utilizing effective listening and positive communication to resolve customer needs/concerns. This position involves working on the phone or at a teller window for extended periods and requires the ability to handle multiple priorities. Significantly well-developed interpersonal, problem-solving, and conflict management skills are essential for success in this position. Individuals are measured and evaluated to meet service goals. Candidates should possess a sincere interest in maintaining high levels of customer service and satisfaction. Outstanding verbal and written communication skills are essential to this position.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Respond to customer inquiries, complaints, and other requests for information regarding BVU services, billing, and payment arrangements.
- Interact with customers (including, but not limited to, walk-in, phone, and written correspondence, including email) and enter service orders.
- Assist with receiving and recording customer payments (walk-in, phone, and web payments) and accurately post payments to accounts.
- Stay knowledgeable on a wide array of services and programs, as well as billing and customer information systems.
- Protect customer privacy per Federal Trade Commission (FTC) Red Flags Rule.
- Apply company policies, directives, and procedures to resolve routine issues.
- Cultivate and enhance a positive image of BVU.
- Convey complex situations in written form.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent required. Associate or bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred.
- Experience: Two (2) or more years of customer service experience, especially in a call center environment preferred.
- Knowledge: Knowledge of electric, water, and wastewater services preferred. Work toward the following: Navigating customer information system; moderate understanding of rates, fees, and charges for services and associated proper application; basic to moderate understanding of company rules and regulations. Proficient in Microsoft Office programs, including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Skills: Must communicate effectively with other employees and customers via written and oral communication skills. Problem-solving and critical thinking skills. Customer service and listening skills. Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently. Comfortable in a diverse and fast-paced environment. Goal-oriented, organized team player. Work and concentrate under pressure. Respond politely and respectfully to all customers regardless of the situation—adequately diffuse contentious situations.
- Conditions: Duties contained within this position are primarily performed indoors with extended periods of sitting. Some standing and walking are required. Must be able to perform all other physical movements necessary to the essential functions of the job. Acceptable dress ranges from business casual to semi-formal/business.
- Work schedule: Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., occasional overtime may be required.
Applicants interested in applying for this position should complete an employment application online located at: https://www.bvua.com/prospective-employees/pages/available-positions).
Review of applications/resumes will begin immediately and continue until position is filled.
Applicants must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment physical, drug and alcohol test, and background check.
BVU is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.