Air Quality Compliance SpecialistButte County Air Quality Management District
Air Quality Compliance Specialist
The Butte County Air Quality Management District (District) is recruiting for an Air Quality Compliance Specialist (AQCS). The successful candidate may be placed within the Air Quality Compliance Specialist I or II classification, depending on qualifications and experience.
- AQCS I: $1,853 $2,481 bi-weekly
- AQCS II: $2,046 2,738 bi-weekly
Examples of Duties (Illustrative Only): The following duties are typical of those performed by the incumbents in these classifications; however, other duties may also be required.
- Conducts annual inspections, evaluations and documentation of stationary emission sources to determine compliance with air pollution control laws and regulations
- Investigates dust, odor and burn complaints; reviews inspection reports and documentation and recommends appropriate enforcement and settlement actions
- Monitors, analyzes and evaluates daily meteorological data and determines burn allocations; calculates open burning emissions inventory; operates computer programs to assess open burning impacts; issues burn permits and monitors agricultural burns; provides burn status information to agencies and the public
- Conducts ambient air sampling; prepares emission estimates, reviews environmental impact reports and responds to the air quality analysis; oversees field compliance tests, observing operational conditions, evaluating testing protocols, and technical reports, and analyzes data results
Experience and Education:
Equivalent to graduation from a four-year college or university with major coursework in engineering, biology, chemistry, environmental science, physical sciences or a field related to the work. For placement in the AQCS I class no experience is required; however, some internship or related paraprofessional experience is desirable. Placement as an AQCS II requires two years of professional air quality inspection and compliance experience equivalent to the District's class of AQCS I.