Design EngineerBuhler Industries Inc.
Provide engineering support to the Farm King product lines through new designs and/or updates to existing designs. You will work with R&D personnel to fabricate and test fit, new or redesigned components and act as support to sales, production, service and quality as required.
- Prepare sketches and drawings of design concepts
- Develop product design from initial concept through design, prototype build, test, and into production
- Perform engineering calculations and solutions
- Interface with key personnel to determine engineering and manufacturing capabilities
- Coordinate prototype builds of designs and support R&D Technicians as required
- Understand change control process and work within its bounds
- Create and maintain product bill of materials using MAPICS
- Develop and modify detailed drawings for production use
- Assist the production implementation of new designs and changes to existing designs
- Support production, purchasing and quality with changes or reviews to existing product
- Maintain competency through ongoing skills development
- Maintain and clean working areas by following 5S standards
- At times physically work with R & D personnel in the shop area on equipment
- Primarily works in an office setting with some shop work
- Bachelor's Degree or Diploma in Mechanical Engineering, or related field; or currently pursuing
- Experience with agricultural equipment (farming background) is preferable
- Knowledge of 3D CAD systems
- Mechanically inclined
- Knowledge of software packages including, but not limited to, Autodesk Inventor, Autodesk Simulator, Autodesk Vault, MAPICS, AS400, Microsoft Office, IBM Lotus Notes are definite assets
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, organize and accurately prioritize work, be detail-oriented, understand when urgency is required and use good judgment in varied situations.
- Ability to concentrate on tasks, make decisions and work calmly and effectively in a high-pressure, deadline driven environment
- Willingness to be flexible with time and adjust to changing work environment
- Ability to build and maintain positive relationships while maintaining a customer service orientation
- Consistent attendance
- Ability to understand technical ideas and concepts and explain appropriately for varied audiences
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
We offer competitive salary and benefits.