Mental HealthBRIEN CENTER
The Brien Center is recruiting for immediate openings in a New and Innovative school-based substance use intervention program. These counseling professionals will work in Berkshire County high schools to provide evidence-based prevention and intervention programming to the youth. Youth Substance Abuse Specialist in Berkshire County. This position provides substance abuse assessment and education to a caseload of students within Berkshire County schools. The Specialist will work with high school youth and their families to provide counseling and evidence-based programming to reduce substance use and prevent substance use disorder. Youth may or may not be currently using substances, but present with concerns that may lead to addictions later in life.
- A Bachelor's Degree in a human services concentration such as Social Work, Psychology or related preferred OR High School or equivalency diploma with lived-experience, possessing strong interpersonal skills to self-disclose in a manner that is trauma-sensitive for the purpose of promoting recovery and wellness for those served.
- Prior experience working with the adolescent population and/or the ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with adolescents.
- Training and/or experience with substance abuse counseling and education Program Supervisor-Youth Substance Abuse in North Adams. This position will assist in the supervision of the Youth Substance Use Disorder Prevention Programs in conjunction with the outpatient Program Supervisor and the Youth Substance Abuse Program Coordinator. Duties include supervision as well as direct service to families and youth, while successfully developing a close working relationship with school personnel.
- MSW or Master's Degree in Psychology, Counseling, Psychiatric Nursing or PHD or other equivalent graduate clinical degree
- Prior supervisory experience preferred A pre-employment Criminal Offense Record Information (CORI) background check is required for both positions, along with a driver's license and use of a personally insured vehicle for work purposes.
Benefits include Health, Dental and Vision with instant enrollment; Plus our exceptionally competitive leave pool accrual, beginning to earn over 7 weeks of paid time off.