Braswell Memorial Public Library has an opening for a: Full-time Facilities Manager
POSITION SUMMARY: The Facility Manager is responsible for conducting facility maintenance, managing facility related contracts and contractors, and purchasing facility supplies for Braswell Memorial Public Library and branches. The Facilities Manager plans performs, and coordinates all facility related installations, maintenance, and repair (HVAC, electrical, plumbing, structural, furnishings, grounds, etc.) This position is responsible for managing the upkeep of facility equipment and library vehicles, inspecting facilities to determine the need for repairs or renovations, managing facility related budget lines, and overseeing facility energy consumption. The Facility Manager will be on call to respond by telephone or in person as required to facility related emergencies. This position utilizes advanced professional skills and management experience as well as a wide range of technical skills to maintain a high performance work culture.
- Performs periodic inspections of facilities, systems, and work areas. Will ensure that facilities are compliant with all city, state, and federal building, fire, safety and accessibility regulations
- Analyze facility needs, conditions, and requirements and develop/implement action plans for repair, maintenance, and improvement
- Develop and write Requests for Proposals, research and identify potential facility contractors, review contractor submissions and make selection recommendations to Library Management
- Oversee and manage facility contractors and vendors
- Manage library vehicle fleet and perform and oversee maintenance and upkeep of library owned vehicles
- Perform minor maintenance and repairs on electrical, plumbing, HVAC, lighting and other facility systems or structures as required
- Serve as a member of the library Disaster Response Team
- Coordinate with appropriate Management Team members concerning all branch facility issues. Coordinates issues as required with the local government owners of the branch facilities
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, yearly or special reports as required. Will attend Board meetings and report to the Board of Trustees as required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Thorough knowledge of technical/engineering operations and facilities management best practices
- Ability to read and understand blueprints, construction diagrams, and schematics
- Sound knowledge of health, safety, fire, accessibility and environmental practices and regulations
- Knowledge of basic accounting and budget management principals
- Ability to plan work flow and set priorities
- Ability to use computerized facility control systems and standard office computer equipment
- Ability to prepare reports in an efficient and effective manner – strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to accept supervision in a courteous and proactive manner
- Five or more years of progressively responsible facility management work experience, completion of a four year degree in Facilities Management or Facilities Engineering, or related qualifications in areas such as construction management, or equivalent work experience and education.
- Working knowledge of electrical, mechanical, and plumbing systems
- Project, procurement, and contract management skills and experience
Work is typically performed while sitting, standing, bending, crouching, or stooping. The employee frequently lifts light objects, occasionally lifts heavy objects, uses equipment requiring a high degree of dexterity, and must be able to distinguish shades of color.
Work is typically performed within a library setting and library vehicle. In addition, work is performed in and around equipment or facility infrastructure (e.g. mechanical room, ceilings, roofs, crawl spaces, etc.
As published in the Rocky Mount Telegram