Director of Operations
The Boys & Girls Clubs is hiring a Director of Operations to serve both the Steamboat and Craig Clubs.
The Director of Operations directs operations and programs with primary concern for creating a safe and positive environment for youth to thrive. Program development and implementation; staff development; supervision of assigned staff; facilities; evaluating program impact; reporting on grants; and budget management of both the Craig and Steamboat Springs Clubs are the primary function.
• Works with Executive Director and staff to implement goals within the framework of the agency's policies and the approved budget.
• Builds contacts, collaborations and partnerships within the community which will expand services for young people.
• Encourages organization staff and program volunteers to be creative and innovative. Inspires and motivates them to explore new and different approaches and resources to keep programs flexible and responsive so that the needs of young people are met most effectively.
• Serves as backup of Executive Director when required.
Staff Development and Leadership
• Responsible for direct supervision of Unit Directors, and their hiring process when necessary, including reference checks.
• Responsible for onboarding and continued training of Unit Directors.
• Works with assigned staff and others to provide opportunities for in-service training and staff development.
• Responsible for the evaluation of Unit Directors to include annual performance reviews and delivery of ongoing feedback and coaching.
• Facilitates and participates in staff meetings and conferences to share ideas and concerns.
Club Programs and Grant Reporting
• Responsible for grant management, preparing grant snapshots and working with Clubs to achieve benchmarks.
• Responsible for ensuring that staff maintains high standards of program quality and safety at all times.
• Oversees the identification and evaluation of opportunities to improve program effectiveness on the basis of participation and achievement of stated goals; recommends modifications to improve program performance, as appropriate.
• Manages program supply budget to ensure appropriate expenses that fall within Board approved budget.
• Works with Executive Director to ensure necessary information is available for grant requests.
Safety and Facilities
• Sits on the Board led safety committee.
• Develops organizational policies with staff and board, including annual review of all policies.
• Serves as organizational communications director including Google Suites and Club calendars
• Plans, with Unit Directors, the scheduling of facilities and equipment usage and any necessary intra-agency coordination.
Other duties as assigned
Internal: Maintains close contact with assigned staff to provide technical assistance in matters of programming and operations; interacts regularly with Executive Director, and as assigned with the Board and its Committees.
External: Maintains contact with external community groups, schools, volunteers and others.
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university or relevant work experience.
• Prefer a minimum of three years work experience in non-profit agency operations management and supervision, or an equivalent combination of experience and education.
• Demonstrated ability to organize, direct and coordinate operations; in personnel supervision, the recruitment and retention of key personnel; facilities management; and budget management.
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and to develop solutions to problems with limited supervision.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with Club staff, subordinates, Board members, community groups, and other related agencies.
• Computer skills: Microsoft Office, website & membership database management.
• Demonstrated organizational, staff and project management abilities.
• Valid State Drivers’ license and proof of auto insurance.
• Ability to pass criminal background check and drug test.