Senior Business Systems Analyst - Finance (Seattle - WA)Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
Senior Business Systems Analyst - Finance
Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Seattle, WA
Do you believe that all lives have equal value? Are you passionate about delivering products and services to improve the lives of people around the world? Are you interested in applying your business acumen and technical expertise to amplify the work being done at the Gates Foundation? If so, you might be a great fit for this exciting role.
We are looking for a Senior Business Systems Analyst to join our Enterprise Platforms & Human Centered Design team. The mission of our team is to unleash the power of digital platforms to better support the core work of the foundation, accelerate achieving our goals and amplify the impact the foundation can have on the world. In collaboration with IT colleagues and business partners, the Senior Business Systems Analyst works to support the optimum configuration and delivery of financial applications at the Gates Foundation to meet end user needs and the Gates Foundation's mission.
The Senior Business Systems Analyst has responsibility for gathering and analyzing system requirements from business users, solution design, systems configuration and integrations, testing, reporting analysis and delivery, and ongoing L3 support. The ideal candidate will be able to leverage their technical experience and business acumen to maintain a positive relationship with users and business partners while providing the clarity needed by technical teams to deliver elegant solutions to the most meaningful foundation priorities.
- Lead work across multiple business stakeholders and technology service teams on requirements gathering, solution design and feasibility analysis (functional and technical) in adherence to robust, sustainable, scalable and security focused design standards.
- Provide in-depth knowledge of the Microsoft Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations (D365FO) application and evaluate internal business processes against standard D365FO functionality.
- Communicate complex topics regarding solutions and related projects to audiences both with and without deep technical skills. Provide current best practices and solution alternatives as part of functional / technical design.
- Oversee and manage development of customization and integrations, adhering to application best practices and design, development, and testing standards.
- Coordinate work across multiple business stakeholders and technology service teams to ensure delivery of requirements in a way that accomplishes project goals and fosters collective success.
- Participate in overall systems coordination and planning with Enterprise Architects and Business Systems Managers to ensure the optimum delivery, sustainability, and usability of applications to the user community.
- Proactively look for areas of process improvement, incorporating best practices and efficient processes in which to conduct day-to-day operations.
- Work within a fast-paced agile process across multiple teams to ensure reliable execution against plan.
- Influence team members, build trust, motivate, and build strong relationships across the team and foundation to help drive the work forward. This role may manage contingent staff.
- 8 years of business systems analysis, solution architecture or equivalent and relevant experience with a focus on accounting
- 6 years of experience implementing / configuring enterprise resource planning systems, primarily Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations or earlier versions
- Experience with the support, analysis, documentation, administration, and change management for delivery of global ERP systems with users across time zones and legal entities
- Demonstrated successful track record of leading or managing multiple complex projects
- Success working with users, business partners and IT to define requirements, scope and roadmaps
- Ability to move between requirements gathering with stakeholders, solution design with IT partners, and executing all phases of project delivery
- Proven track record of evaluating business and technology needs and translating that understanding into configuration of the software and / or technical specifications for custom development
- Ability to function as a bridge across disciplines, such as user design, product owners, business owners and technology teams
- Familiarity with agile processes
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Good active listening skills and strong attention to detail
- Strong analytic curiosity and innovative problem-solving skills using a systems-thinking and evidence-driven approach
- Proven ability to work both independently and in a dynamic, cross-functional team structure
We will only review submissions from candidates who have current work authorization in the US and do not need employer-sponsored or supported VISA support to begin or remain in this role.
As part of our standard hiring process for new employees, employment with the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation will be contingent upon successful completion of a background check.
The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation is dedicated to the belief that all lives have equal value. We're committed to creating a workplace where employees thrive both personally and professionally. We also believe our employees should reflect the rich diversity of the global populations we aim to serve-in race, gender, age, cultures and beliefs-and we support this diversity through all of our employment practices.
All applicants and employees who are drawn to serve the mission of the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation will enjoy equality of opportunity and fair treatment without regard to:
* Sexual Orientation
* Gender Identity
* Gender Expression
* National Origin
* Genetic Information
* Veteran Status
* Marital Status
* Prior Protected Activity