Career/Student Services CoordinatorBiggs High School
Part-Time Career/Student Services Coordinator needed at Biggs High School, 300 B Street, Biggs.
Reports to: High School Principal
Job Goal: To assist in the administration of the school’s student body affairs so as to provide the maximum services available and to assist the counselor in aiding students to make post-secondary educational opportunities, occupational choices and career evaluations.
Education and Experience: High school diploma or equivalent required. College degree or some college preferred. Prior experience working with students and in the career guidance field is desirable.
This position has responsibility for accounting and financial reporting of ASB Clubs, events and activities at Biggs High School.
1. Assists counselor in providing a comprehensive and integrated career guidance program for high school students.
2. Assists the counselor in providing financial aid information, helps students complete the FAFSA forms and assists at the annual financial aid workshop.
3. Assists the counselor in maintaining open communications with colleges, trade schools, and arranges contacts with career, college and armed forces speakers and recruiters.
4. Assists seniors in creating a scholarship resume; including their GPA, club, community, extra curricular, volunteer, leadership, employment and future goals. Provides students with proper procedures to request letters of recommendations
5. Organizes the scholarship awards night, implementing the scheduling and set-up of the evening event, notifying the presenters and students to be awarded and act as the Master of Ceremonies.
6. Assists counselor in reviewing, distributing, and processing scholarship applications.
Knowledge of: Modern office methods; Business English, including vocabulary, correct grammatical usage and punctuation; use of common office machines, including computers, use of accounting procedures and statistical concepts. Knowledge of career guidance information, college scholarship, financial aid information, and career education source materials.
Ability to: Take direction with minimal supervision; work independently; compile and maintain accurate and complete records and reports; meet the public and other district employees pleasantly, cooperatively and tactfully; handle confidential materials, work courteously and effective with the students, public and school personnel; assume responsibility for assigned deadlines and meet them; and type at a speed of 40 wpm.