Program AssociateBERKSHIRE REGIONAL PLANNING
Berkshire Regional Planning Commission, Pittsfield. This is a full-time, benefited Program support staff position in the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) and other Community and Economic Development programs.
The main responsibilities of this position are:
The position of Program Associate is entry-level paraprofessional work. The Program Associate devotes a significant amount of time on routine administrative tasks. The Program Associate often works closely with the public on a regular basis to provide customer service on program activities.
1. Program / Project Responsibilities:
The Program Associate may serve as support for multiple planning and implementation projects.
• Under the supervision of senior staff, performs routine office tasks in designated program areas, including data entry, file management, copying and answering telephone; assists in tracking budgets and progress materials.
• Performs a variety of support functions, including research, data collection. Performs limited assessment and evaluation; occasional work performed in the field collecting data; occasionally meets with local officials and members of the public.
• Performs routine contract administration tasks, such as creating contract templates and invoices, and tracking payments.
• Assists and supports public participation in programs and implementation; supports senior staff in facilitating public meetings, assists other program staff as appropriate. Maintains contact information and list serves.
Posts meeting and agendas as required by law. Takes and prepares meeting minutes. Collates and assembles reports and material to be used at meetings.
• Prepares narrative reports and recommendations of limited complexity.
• Completes assigned tasks according to schedule and hour / budget allocations.
Position open until filled.