Finance AssistantBERKSHIRE REGIONAL PLANNING
Berkshire Regional Planning Commission has a Full Time Benefited Finance Assistant Position.
• Performs day-to-day financial transactions and maintain contract and financial information for Berkshire Regional Planning Commission and Berkshires Tomorrow Inc. by performing the following duties.
The main responsibilities of this position are:
• Contract administration, including assisting with billing and monitoring of contract schedules.
• Prepare spreadsheets and reports, including budgets, actual expense activity and other accounting information, etc.
• Manage data, records and reports by checking for errors and verifying accuracy of information or missing information.
• Work with and assist Program and Project Managers and other staff.
• Provides administrative support to the Group Purchasing program, including solicitations to towns for quantities and volumes desired, assisting with procurement bids and working with vendors, and requesting and monitoring payments from the towns and vendors.
• Assists with the agency budget, especially the staff allocation budget including projecting and monitoring hour allocations by staff.
Other responsibilities of this position are:
• Provide support for the accounting services for the Commission and Berkshires Tomorrow.
• Update and maintain contract and agency records.
• Crosstrain in issuing payments from multiple checking accounts.
• Online bank statement downloads and proof of monthly cashed payments per contract guidelines.
• Provide the payroll processing company semi-monthly payroll and ensure proper employee deductions are withheld.
• Process MARIS on-line reporting of payroll to the State.
• Provide back up for preparation of the transfer of funds.
• Assist with Aged Receivables.
• Assist in Annual Audits by Accounting firm.
• Assist in all audits or site visits from Programs.
• Assist with other administrative support, i.e. annual report.
• Assist in review of Contract set up, contract amendments and extensions.
• Adhere to current accounting/finance/governmental laws and regulations.
• Work to agency standards.
• Other duties as assigned.