Customer Service SupervisorBenton Pud
Supervisor of Customer Service
Benton PUD in Kennewick, WA is accepting applications for Supervisor of Customer Service. The primary purpose of this position is to supervise the daily operations of the Customer Service department to ensure efficient and effective operations; motivate, develop and direct staff; and contribute to the achievement of departmental performance measures and quality assurance program standards. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package, including state pension, health benefits, wellness incentives and more!
Accountability and Essential Functions
- Support the District’s mission to serve our customers and foster a positive workplace by personally choosing behavior aligned with our values and ethical code.
- Provide day to day supervision of the department by ensuring the District’s customer service operational objectives are met; ensuring performance targets are achieved; directing and monitoring the daily tasks and activities of Customer Service staff to ensure compliance with procedures, and recommending enhancements to improve the efficiency of the department.
- Ensure payments for the District’s services are received and applied accurately by supervising all cash management and remittance processing activities, including credit collection activities as assigned.
- Ensure customers are serviced in a professional and timely manner according to District standards by evaluating staffing needs, anticipating the impacts of planned and unscheduled Personal Leave and scheduling on-call staff as appropriate.
- Maximize the value of the Customer Information System (CIS) by maintaining expert user level knowledge of the system to ensure the Customer Service Representatives (CSR’s) operate the application according to department procedures, participate in the evaluation of system configuration changes and enhancements, and contribute to the development of desk procedures and training materials.
- Ensure escalated customer concerns are addressed and resolved in a timely manner by ensuring employees have sufficient training and resources to resolve most concerns independently and that the authority levels established for the Specialists and the Lead are appropriate and being administered properly.
- Ensure Customer Service staff is well informed using multiple channels, including daily stand up meetings and biweekly team meetings, preparing agendas and handouts in advance for the team meetings and providing appropriate follow-up information to staff when needed.
- Develop Customer Service staff by providing regular coaching and feedback, utilizing the District testing program and the Development Insight Coaching Excellence (DICE) program to identify training and development needs as appropriate; initiating training as needed.
- Manage employee performance and guide employees to achieve the highest levels of performance by setting clear and compelling expectations for performance; providing frequent and specific feedback to help employees meet or exceed expectations; maintaining effective records related to employer performance; and delivering specific, timely and meaningful performance reviews.
- Contribute to the department Quality Assurance program by setting quality standards, participating in Development Insight Coaching Excellence (DICE) sessions and providing regular coaching and feedback to employees on all customer interactions.
- Ensure appropriate cash management practices are followed by implementing cash control policies, providing training and assisting in the development of policies to mitigate risk.
- Ensure the effective use of remittance processing technology by overseeing the development and documentation of procedures and training materials, ensuring compliance with Configuration and Change Control policies, and maximizing system functionality.
- Complete other duties as assigned to meet team, department and organizational goals.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/ Women/ Veterans /Disabled