Coordinator of Nutrition Services
Bennington Public Schools
A growing district with progressive educational programs, has the following position available:
Coordinator of Nutrition Services
- High School Diploma
- Two or four year postsecondary degree preferred
- Posses Food Handlers permit preferred
- Prior knowledge and experience with food service, customer service and cash handling preferred
- Organizational skills, word processing skills, ability to operate office machines such as computer, calculator, fax and copy
- Prior knowledge and experience with food service, customer service and cash handling preferred.
- Knowledge of software applications such as Microsoft Office – particularly Microsoft Excel and Word
- Excellent oral, written, and listening skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and professionalism in interacting with staff, public, parents and Board Members
REPORTS TO: Superintendent
SUPERVISES: Nutrition Service Department
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Salary for a 230 day contract
EVALUATION: Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the Board’s policy on Evaluation and Support Services Personnel.
- Plan and analyze menus for all schools in the district to ensure that USDA Meal Pattern and nutritional requirements are met.
- Plans menu adaptations for children with special needs.
- Maintains an inventory and purchasing system consistent with USDA and state purchasing guidelines.
- Enforces Federal and State regulations regarding nutritional standards, reports and records. Prepares and maintains all records for required audits and reviews.
- Assists the administration in budgeting and expenditure process.
- Maintains an efficient food service operations and high quality food service staff.
- Supervise and coordinate activities of cooks and workers engaged in food preparation.
- Inspect supplies, equipment, and work areas to ensure conformance to establish standards.
- Coordinates all equipment maintenance and repairs with district personnel.
- Check the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that standards are met.
- Monitor sanitation practices to ensure that employees follow standards and regulations.
- Estimate amounts and costs of required supplies, such as food and ingredients.
- Collaborate with other personnel to plan and develop recipes and menus.
- Analyze recipes to assign prices to menu items, based on food, labor, and overhead cost or to keep costs within established prices.
- Determine production schedules and staff requirements necessary to ensure timely delivery of services.
- Demonstrate use of cooking techniques and equipment to staff.
- Develop and maintain a positive, professional rapport with students, parents and co-workers.
- Adhere to all Federal and State USDA regulations and State and local Food Codes.
- Coordinator of Nutrition Services must serve as a positive role model for staff and students.
- Perform other tasks or duties as assigned by the Superintendent
Job Requirements: Minimum Qualifications
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
SKILLS are required to perform multiple, non-technical tasks with a need to periodically upgrade skills in order to meet changing job conditions. Specific skills required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: operating standard office equipment including pertinent software applications; planning and managing projects; preparing and maintaining accurate records; entering data accurately and efficiently; working effectively under strict timelines.
KNOWLEDGE required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job includes: school district operations and philosophy; concepts of grammar and punctuation; knowledge of database management; ability to exercise independent judgment.
ABILITY is required to routinely gather, collate, and/or classify data and use basic, job-related equipment. Flexibility is required to independently work with others in a wide variety of circumstances; analyze data utilizing a variety of complex processes; and operate equipment using defined methods. Ability is also required to work with a significant diversity of individuals and/or groups; work with data of widely varied types and/or purposes; and utilize specific, job- related equipment. In working with others, problem solving is required to identify issues and create action plans.
Problem solving with data requires analysis based on organizational objectives; and problem solving with equipment is limited. Specific abilities required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: adapting to changing work priorities; communicating with diverse groups; maintaining confidentiality; meeting deadlines and schedules; setting priorities; working as part of a team; working with constant and sustained interruptions; working with detailed information/data.
Paid family health and single dental coverage or option for cash in lieu, retirement, paid sick leave and long term disability.
The usual and customary methods of performing the job's functions require the following demands: (1) regular, dependable attendance on the job; (2) the ability to perform the identified tasks and to possess and utilize the identified knowledge, skills, and abilities, and to perform the identified work activities; and, (3) some lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling; and significant fine finger dexterity. Generally the job requires 60% sitting, 25% walking, and 15% standing. This job is performed in a generally clean and healthy environment.
Additional information may be found at http://benningtonschools.org