Water Plant OperatorBENBROOK WATER AUTHORITY
Water Plant Operator
SUMMARY: Under basic supervision, performs semi-skilled work in the operation of the Benbrook Water Authority (BWA) water treatment plants.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The following duties ARE NOT intended to serve as a comprehensive list of all duties performed by all employees in this classification, only a representative summary of the primary duties and responsibilities. Incumbent(s) may not be required to perform all duties listed, and may be required to perform additional, position-specific duties.
- Assists in operating and monitoring the operation of BWA facilities and equipment; performs work in accordance with all quality standards, safety regulations, and procedures; observes and monitors equipment and SCADA process control system; collects and tests samples, and cleans filters; checks equipment and meters to verify proper operating conditions; recognizes abnormally operating equipment; maintains records of services performed; notifies supervisors of problems beyond the scope of authority.
- Supports the relationship between Benbrook Water Authority and the general public by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with citizens, visitors, and BWA staff; maintains confidentiality of work-related issues and BWA information; performs other duties as required or assigned.
- This is a full-time position of a minimum 40 hour week. Required to report for work punctually, work all scheduled hours, and any required overtime as deemed necessary.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- BWA policies and procedures.
- State and Federal laws and regulations governing water plant operations; including Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ) standards.
- OSHA safety rules and regulations, and safety standards in utility plant environments.
- Reading and interpreting gauges and recording devices.
- Closely following verbal and written instructions and procedures, and safe work practices.
- Establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships with co-workers.
- Communicating effectively verbally and in writing.
High School diploma or GED equivalent; AND two years’ experience with water utility programs; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
LICENSE AND CERTIFICATION:
- Must possess a valid Texas Driver’s License.
- Class C Water Operator license from Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ) is required; according to the needs of the BWA, additional training and certifications may be required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
Work is performed indoors at BWA facilities; may be exposed to safety hazards and dangerous equipment; ability to lift and carry 80 pounds unassisted; ability to work varying shifts; ability to climb, stoop, kneel and crouch.
The Benbrook Water Authority is accepting applications for a Water Plant Operator.
High School diploma or GED required. C Surface Water Certificate from TCEQ required. Must have a valid Texas driver license and the ability to maintain insurability under the Benbrook Water Authority’s vehicle insurance policy.
Shift work required.
Salary range $38,127 to $57,190.
Applications are available online at www.benbrookwater.com or at the BWA office located at 1121 Mercedes Street, Benbrook, Texas, 76126.
Resumes without applications will not be considered.