MAINTENANCE WORKERBelleville News-Democrat
Reports To: Supervisor/ Business Office
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt/ Part Time (20 hours per week M-F)
Summary: Performs the maintenance and repairs of structures of buildings and grounds at the Main BND building, 120 S. Illinois St. and the BND Distribution Center at 11 Premier Dr. in Belleville, IL by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Minor painting, plumbing, electric and carpentry work as needed.
- General upkeep of buildings and grounds, including mowing and clearing snow and ice from sidewalks
- Performs general office trash collecting and recycling, restocking of supplies for department needs, assist with deliveries for both buildings.
- Work with vendors who service HVAC, security, alarm and other systems at buildings. Will assist other departments as requested, including moving furniture and unloading and storing supplies.
- Operate small engine equipment: lawn mower, snow blower, other equipment
- Occasional forklift work.
- Run errands
- Flexible in adjusting work schedule to meet maintenance scheduling.
- Works somewhat independently and confers with department employees to coordinate maintenance activities when needed.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions.
Judgement - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: One year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Current Driver's License with Good Driving Record, proof of insurance
Other Skills and Abilities
- Ability to use small hand tools, competency in building design and systems maintenance helpful. Building code knowledge and OSHA safety requirements preferred.
- Knowledge of electric, plumbing, carpentry and small engine equipment
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
APPLY ONLINE AT MAINTENANCE WORKER