Banking Center Manager/Retail BankingBank of the Prairie
Bank of the Prairie
Banking Center Manager/Retail Banking
Reports To: Retail Deposit Manager Classification: Exempt
Supervises: Direct: 2 to 3 Review Date: 4-1-19
Develop strong relationships with customers of Bank of the Prairie. Assist customers in understanding how Bank of the Prairie can be a trusted partner that provides valuable knowledge and assistance for financial services. Assist the customer from beginning to end in this process, including product education, paperwork completion, obtaining approvals and customer implementation.
This is a leadership role that includes all aspects of branch management- employees, location annual budget, goals and expenses, maintenance and tenants, if any.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform joint calls with lenders to represent the deposit side of the bank. Be prepared for a high level discussion on each product offered by the bank, depending on what need is identified. This would include information on how this product or service would help the customer, and the pricing associated with having the service.
- Effective delivery of Online Banking, ACH Origination, Remote Deposit Capture, Mobile Banking, e-statements, Credit and Debit Cards.
- Recruit and develop the right people, coach, motivate and train this staff to provide superior customer service, while developing and promoting a sales culture within the banking center. Attention to detail is expected across all aspects of this job. Lead by example, with high expectations.
- Develop written quarterly goals for employees and manage to the successful completion of the stated goals. Annual goals will be set for every employee.
- Work with staff to insure compliance with all policies and procedures.
- Marketing Committee member. Present any marketing ideas needed to obtain branch
goals to the Marketing Committee along with marketing plan and associated costs.
- Maintain a current working knowledge of bank products and services, policies and procedures related to the personal banker functions. Knowledge should be proficient in the areas of teller operations and deposit accounts . Assist customers with more complex needs.
- Implements all regulatory requirements including Reg. CC (Funds Availability), Reg. E (Electronic Funds Transfers), Reg. D (Reserve Requirements), and Bank Secrecy Act.
- Respond to tenants inquiries, work inconjuntion with Senior Management to ensure tenant satisfaction. All aspects of the Banking Center should always be maintained to a professional image.
- Other duties as directed.
- TO KEEP CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION CONFIDENTIAL.
- To carry out assigned responsibilities with minimal errors.
- To provide efficient, friendly, professional service to all customers.
- To provide courteous, professional service to all officers and employees, working to build a strong team atmosphere between all officers, employees and locations
- To willingly support corporate views, policies and objectives.
- To maintain a professional work environment and business like appearance in accordance with the employee manual.
- To minimize unplanned leave and tardiness in adherence with the employee manual.
Knowledge and Skills:
Experience: Two to five years of similar or related experience.
Education: A high school education or GED.
Interpersonal Skills: Courtesy, tact, and diplomacy are essential elements of the job. Work involves personal contact with others inside and/or outside the organization, generally regarding routine banking matters for purposes of giving or obtaining information which may require some discussion.
Other Skills: Be able to solve problems and multi-task. Have a proficient knowledge of Word and Excel. Be able to lift 30 lbs. Be able to work Saturdays as needed.
Basic knowledge of bank core processing system and deposit platform.
This Job Description is not a complete statement of all duties and responsibilities comprising this position.