Tribal Police OfficerBand of the Poarch Creek Indians
Tribal Police Officer
Tribal Police Officer (Atmore area) - (RFT): Preference shall be given in accordance with the Tribal Employment Rights Ordinance/DFWP.
Overall Objectives of Position
The Tribal Police Officer prevents crime and safeguards the peace and wellbeing of the Tribe, in accordance with Tribal, Federal, and State laws; and departmental rules and regulations. The rapid and efficient performance of specialized duties involving an element of personal danger is required. Responding to crimes, and emergencies may require the exercise of independent judgment without close
supervision. This job description is not an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of this position. The Tribal Police Officer is expected to perform all duties and responsibilities necessary to meet the goals and objectives of applicable programs.
The Tribal Police Officer is expected to live the Purpose and Values of the Poarch Band of Creek Indians and will go beyond the call of duty.
Primary Responsibilities of the Tribal Police Officer
- Enforcement of Tribal, Federal and State laws to include making arrests, writing reports, collecting information, talking with witnesses and victims, working accidents, providing escorts, assisting the public, and directing traffic, as needed.
- Works closely with Investigators during criminal investigations and conducts follow-up on any crime.
- Appears and testifies in Tribal, State and Federal Court.
- Writes and files reports accurately and in a timely manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the appropriate person.