Special Education ManagerBand of the Poarch Creek Indians
Special Education Manager
Special Education Manager - (RFT): Preference shall be given in accordance with the Tribal Employment Rights Ordinance/DFWP.
Overall Objectives of Position
The Special Education Manager is to educate, guide, and coach parents to become their own advocate for their child’s special needs services. This job description is not an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of this position. The Special Education Manager is expected to perform all duties and responsibilities necessary to meet the goal and objectives of applicable programs.
The Special Education Manager is expected to live the Purpose and Values of the Poarch Band of Creek Indians and will go beyond the call of duty.
Primary Responsibilities of the Special Education Manager
- Maintains a high level of knowledge regarding special education issues.
- Develops policies, procedures and protocols to support students, teachers, and Tribal program staff in regards to special
education and student disability.
- Works to represent the best interest and welfare of the Tribal student and families.
- Uses the principles of family engagement to support families in their roles as their child’s primary educator.
- Provides problem resolution, subject matter expertise, advocacy and guidance for the educational well-being of special needs
- Performs other duties as assigned by appropriate person