Summer Internship - Teaching and Curriculum DevelopmentAxiom Learning
Axiom Learning is an innovative, early stage company; a hub for smart, idealistic people transforming the future of learning by integrating science and evidence to develop the best tools to actualize each child. Our customized, 1-on-1 instruction is designed to empower students of various ages to find happiness and success in all aspects of their lives. At Axiom, we believe that the future is too important to leave to chance.
We are seeking Part-Time Interns for Summer 2020 in our California region to serve as both a faculty member and innovator in our global mission as we help students overcome learning challenges and provide a fresh perspective to education. Interns will design and apply creative lesson plans in traditional and non-traditional subjects while also supporting unique learners. Additionally, they will work on projects from curriculum development to data analysis.
Check out our website to learn more about who we are and what we do!
1) Teaching a range of student sessions based on qualifications and experience including Traditional Academic Subjects, Standardized Test Prep, and our transformative Learning Efficiency curriculum
2) Prepare weekly, customized lesson plans and long-term plans for every student
3) Provide session updates on students’ progress
4) Attend weekly team meetings, prepare to give updates on students, and discuss questions or concerns
5) Attend professional development trainings and make short presentations to share teaching resources and strategies
6) Research, design, and apply innovative curricula for long-term educational projects
7) Analyze data related to educational projects
8) Take the lead on initiatives that support Axiom’s mission statement
Availability during Summer 2020 (at a minimum: June - August 2020)
Current Undergraduate and Graduate Students as well as recent graduates (Bachelor's/Master's) are encouraged to apply
Passion for educational change
High level of self-initiation and attention to detail
Strong written and verbal communication skills
Exceptional organizational skills and follow-through on tasks
Some work experience in teaching or relevant field preferred
California (Bay Area: San Francisco, Menlo Park, Los Altos)
New York City
Massachusetts (greater Boston area: Concord, Wellesley, Harvard Square, Newton)
*Applicants must include a resume as well as a cover letter in their application.
*Candidates moving on to first round interviews will be asked to prepare a 10 minute lesson on the subject of their choosing.