Quality TechnicianAvoca Llc
Avoca, LLC, an Ashland company, is searching for a Quality Technician.
Ashland has an exciting opportunity for a Quality Technician to join our Ashland Avoca LLC business at our Merry Hill, NC location. This is a very visible, significant role within the Company and the Quality function. This position will report to Quality Supervisor.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Responsible for performing laboratory analytical procedures in conformance with good laboratory practices to ensure product requirements, which includes but not limited to gas/liquid chromatography, wet chemistry and titrimetry.
- Accurate documentation of analytical procedures using a computerized laboratory data system.
- Responsible for implementing safety standards in the performance of all laboratory analyses.
- Ensure outgoing materials maintain product integrity and comply with required specifications.
- Ensure incoming materials comply with quality specifications.
- Assist in the training and instruction of production operators in quality sampling procedures.
- Conduct necessary plant equipment inspections and validations.
- Understand and accept inherent dangers of laboratory analyses.
- Maintain company integrity with outside individuals through professional conduct.
In order to be qualified for this role, you must possess the following:
- Bachelor's degree in a scientific discipline or 3 years analytical laboratory experience.
- Ability to work on a rotating 12 hour shift schedule, including weekends and holidays.
- Ability to lift weights up to 50 lbs.
The following skill sets are preferred by the business unit:
- Proficient computer skills and experience with laboratory information management software.
- Common sense understanding of laboratory procedures to apply to situations when working independently.
- Team oriented individual.
- Experience working in a quality laboratory situated within a plant environment with exposure to hazardous chemicals.
As published in The Daily Advance