Direct Support Provider (Taccoa)Avita Community Partners
Avita Community Partners is hiring for Full Time positions for a Direct Support Provider - Developmental Disabilities in the Taccoa, GA area.
The position assists individuals with Developmental Disabilities in basic daily living skills. Avita Community Partners offers an extensive benefit package for employees including:
*Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
*401(k) and 457 Deferred Compensation Plans
*Blood Donation Time *Court/Jury Leave
*Credit Union *Dental Insurance
*Dependent Life Insurance
*Disability Insurance, Short and Long Term
*9 Paid Holidays
*Long Term Care Insurance
*4 Weeks of Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Maintain a clean, healthy, and safe environment for clients.
- Observes and monitors client's behavior, charts and reports observations and incidents.
- Provides training of basic personal and social skills or work skills to clients in a supported employment environment.
- Will assist with ensuring or encouraging client group activity, providing transportation, and/or limited case management
- Keep accurate documentation of client progress and services performed, reporting changes in client condition to manager or supervisor.
- Will facilitate client community involvement.
- Remain aware of changes in the behavior and physical condition of clients, arranging for needed services to assure appropriate care is obtained.
- Carry out a person-centered
- Individual Service Plan (ISP)
Must be willing and able to: be fingerprinted and have background checked through the FBI and other law enforcement agencies have dependable transportation use your personal vehicle as often as needed to transport clients work with developmentally disabled clients work alone with a group of ten or more developmentally disabled clients assist clients in the use of toilet/bathroom change diapers of child, adolescent, or adult clients assist physically disabled clients in and out of wheelchairs and vehicles assist disabled clients who cannot feed themselves independently
One year experience providing direct care to individuals with developmental disabilities OR Associate Degree in Social Work, Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Special Education, Education, and Psychology, Nursing or other related human services field OR One year experience at the lower level position of Instructional Aide/CRC-E. Must be 21 years of age with 3 years of driving experience and must have valid Georgia drivers license and no driver may have more than 6 points against his/her license within the last five years. Also, no driver may have had a suspended license or DUI within the last five years. Must demonstrate basic typing skills by way of a typing skills assessment.
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Team player