Ophthalmic TechnicianAspen Valley Hospital
Primary Scope of Responsibilities:
Under general supervision and according to established policies and procedures, this employee provides medical/nursing assistance under the direction of physician, physician assistant or nursing staff in the Ophthalmology Clinic and/or the ENT Clinic within their certified capabilities. Duties include facilitating clinic operations including clinic preparation, performing eye testing, maintaining clinic flow, cleaning exam rooms between patients and cleaning dirty instruments according to policy. Accurate completion and documentation of RN/MA clinic note including vital signs, chief complaint and assessment as appropriate. Assist MD with procedures, surgical scheduling and diagnostics scheduling. Provide patient education as appropriate and complete the patient discharge process at the end of each visit. Answer patient phone calls and prescription refill requests in a timely manner. Communicate and coordinate information in a knowledgeable and courteous manner with patients, families, and staff. Assure patient safety and maintain confidentiality with patients, family members, and staff. Enter applicable charges each day and assure the patient record is complete. The Ophthalmic Technician practices exceptional customer service and professionalism in all aspects of this role.
- High school graduate preferred.
- Ophthalmic Technician certification preferred.
- COA required
- BLS required
- EMT-I preferred
- IV certification preferred
- PALS required within 6 months
- ACLS preferred
- Ability to concentrate and show attention to detail.
- Relatively high degree of analytical abilities.
- Strong interpersonal skills required.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to read and communicate effectively in English.
- Normal patient care environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust and temperature.
- May be exposed to communicable diseases through normal or careless performance of responsibilities.
- May be exposed to mechanical dangers associated with mechanical devices.
- May be exposed to stressful situations.
- Full Time 40 hours a week Monday
- COA is required
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Time Off
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.