Join us for the run of your life.
Aspen Skiing Company is undergoing a HR transformation, the payroll & compensation functions are changing and we are upgrading our systems. Be part of the change that services our employees. Highlands location*
- Director of Compensation
Aspen Skiing Company is currently searching for Director of Compensation, this position will play a major role in developing a full encompassing employee benefits and compensation package to drive employee engagement and retention. Aspen Skiing Company's HR team sits at the base of Aspen Highlands Mountain, which is famous for the Highland Bowl, which provides what some consider some of the most intense skiing in the state.
The Director of Compensation manages the compensation, and payroll functions to ensure fair and equitable treatment of employees and to support the organization’s compensation philosophy.
Essential Job Functions
• Assists the Managing Director of HR in the development, implementation, management and evaluation of total rewards strategies, goals and objectives while maintaining internal equity and external market competitiveness.
• Oversees the effective administration of related programs, policies and procedures, including the 401(k) plan.
• Hire, train, develop, and supervise compensation, benefits and payroll team members.
• Ensures the administration of various compensation programs are in compliance with established guidelines including incentive compensation plans, annual merit review cycle and employee transitions and promotions within the company.
• Acts as an internal consultant to provide leadership, counsel, and support to managers and supervisors on compensation practices and programs including job evaluation, internal equity and policy interpretation.
• Develops and drives communication for compensation actions including merit process and incentive compensation process.
• Manages participation in external salary surveys used for compensation program analysis, job evaluations and job descriptions.
• Maintains and develops job descriptions and grades for all positions within the organization.
• Manages annual merit process and incentive compensation processes.
• Monitors trends and best practices in compensation and benefits and analyzes workforce and institutional needs for compensation programs and structures.
• Builds strong relationships through a deep understanding of departmental needs, talent strategies and challenges.
• Communicates and actively collaborates with Accounting, Finance, Operations, Human Resources counterparts and other departments to review cross-departmental impacts and ensure quality data stewardship.
• Effectively manages and collaborates with vendors and external partners, including managing performance of contracts to ensure maximum value of services is delivered.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions, combining analytical skills with business insight.
• Confidentiality – Ability to operate in a highly ethical manner and maintain confidentiality in all situations.
• Communication – Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Customer Service- Responds in a timely and professional manner to all customers. Executes through constant follow-up communications.
• Planning/Organizing – Meticulous attention to detail to ensure data integrity and quality.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related field required; Master’s preferred
• Certified Compensation Professional Certification desired.
• Six (6) plus years of progressive total rewards experience, inclusive of broad-based compensation and benefit program design, implementation and administration experience, is required. Two (2) plus years of leadership experience in the compensation area.
• Prior experience supporting headcount of 1000+.
• Strong knowledge and experience in administering compensation initiatives as well as comprehension of legal compliance, practices and policies.
• Requires proficiency in Word, Outlook, PowerPoint & Advanced MS Excel
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is working in a typical office environment. The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Payroll Specialist
Full Time - Year-Round +Benefits
Questions? Call 970-300-7700