Aspen office seeking bookkeeper, 30-40 hours/week who is highly organized, an excellent communicator and able to multi-task. Duties include maintaining accurate records in QuickBooks and Excel and creating reports, reconciling multiple accounts, completing tax forms, processing payroll reports, processing city, county and state sales tax and the willingness to complete additional administrative tasks as needed.
- Maintains records of financial transactions by establishing accounts; posting transactions; ensure legal requirements compliance.
- Develops system to account for financial transactions by establishing a chart of accounts; defining bookkeeping policies and procedures.
- Maintains subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, and posting transactions.
- Balances subsidiary accounts by reconciling entries.
- Maintains general ledger by transferring subsidiary account summaries.
- Balances general ledger by preparing a trial balance; reconciling entries.
- Maintains historical records by filing documents.
- Prepares financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying requirements; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing reports; advising management on needed actions.