Cabinet/Furniture MakerAspen Custom Woodworking
Hiring motivated woodworker. Must have shop experience, be able to operate standard shop machinery. Fabrication experience essential.
- Sets up and operates variety of woodworking machines and uses various handtools to fabricate and repair wooden cabinets and high-grade furniture: Studies blueprints or drawings of articles to be constructed or repaired, and plans sequence of cutting or shaping operations to be performed
- Marks outline or dimensions of parts on paper or lumber stock, according to blueprint or drawing specifications
- Matches materials for color, grain, or texture.
- Sets up and operates woodworking machines, such as power saws, jointer, mortiser, tenoner, molder, and shaper, to cut and shape parts from woodstock.
- Trims component parts of joints to ensure snug fit, using handtools, such as planes, chisels, or wood files.
- Bores holes for insertion of screws or dowels by hand or using boring machine.
- Glues, fits, and clamps parts and sub assemblies together to form complete unit, using clamps or clamping machine.
- Drives nails or other fasteners into joints at designated places to reinforce joints.
- Sands and scrapes surfaces and joints of articles to prepare articles for finishing.
- May repair high-grade articles of furniture.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.