Office AssistantAspen Center for Physics
Office Assistant Duties Responsibilities include:
- Organize office and assist associates in ways that optimize procedures
- Sort and distribute communications in a timely manner
- Create and update records ensuring accuracy and validity of information
- Schedule and plan meetings and appointments
- Monitor level of supplies and handle shortages
- Resolve office-related malfunctions and respond to requests or issues
- Coordinate with other departments to ensure compliance with established policies
- Maintain trusting relationships with suppliers, customers and colleagues
- Perform receptionist duties when needed
The Aspen Center for Physics hosts over 1000 physicists each year, so they can meet together or work independently on their physics research. ACP strives to maintain a summer atmosphere free of everyday demands where working physicists can explore their own and other fields enabling them to expand scientific knowledge, which helps improve our lives and understanding of our world. The winter conferences focus on specific topics and provide physicists with opportunities for informal discussion and exploration.
The Aspen community, the National Science Foundation, the Department of Energy, NASA, and dozens of corporate, university, and individual sponsors have supported the Center so that physicists can work on the pivotal issues that have affected and will affect humanity's concept of its world. The Aspen Center for Physics is an institution run by physicists for physicists to ensure that the simple concept that guided its first 50 years will remain unchanged: fine minds in an atmosphere of creative freedom.