Test Engineer II (Multiple Openings)Argo AI, LLC
Argo AI, LLC seeks Test Engineer II (multiple openings) to work in Pittsburgh, PA and plan, coordinate, supervise & execute tests of complex electrical systems for autonomous vehicles, with an emphasis on safe, effective and efficient testing. Degree & commensurate experience required.
Argo AI was founded to tackle one of the most challenging applications in computer science, robotics and artificial intelligence with self-driving vehicles. Argo AI is developing and deploying the latest advancements in artificial intelligence, machine learning and computer vision to help build safe and efficient self-driving vehicles that enable these transformations and more. The challenges are significant, but we are a team that believes in tackling hard, meaningful problems to improve the world.
We are building a high-performance team that is excited by complex engineering challenges and is passionate about making transportation safer, more affordable and accessible for all.
What you’ll do:
- Plan, coordinate, supervise and execute tests of complex electrical systems for autonomous
vehicles, with an emphasis on safe, effective and efficient testing
- Work closely with systems engineers to evaluate the system in the most stressful conditions
- Develop objects and environments to mimic real world conditions
- Work closely with development teams to conceptualize test cases and scenarios to build and execute tests, including building specific test
software, hardware, interfaces and instrumentation
- Coordinate all required resources for test execution and ensuring tests are executed in a safe, effective and efficient manner
- Develop software tools and scripts to aid in test execution and reporting
- Perform technical duties to set-up special equipment, sensors and logging capabilities
- Troubleshoot and appropriately communicate problems with software and hardware and appropriately document
- Ensure software configuration and release management on test vehicles
- Collect, analyze and report test outcomes. Mentor junior team members
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor's degree (or foreign equivalent) in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or a related field of study together with two (2) years of experience in a related position is required
- Previous work experience or academic coursework must have included: software language skills in C++ and Windows; software language skills in Matlab, Python, or an equivalent software language; experience working in a testing environment; experience with machine learning and artificial neural networks; experience developing and/or testing software for autonomous vehicles; and experience with bug tracking system JIRA or equivalent
At Argo AI, we have a strong emphasis on creating a highly effective team environment. Thus, we seek candidates that can work effectively with others across a broad range of disciplines.
Argo AI is an equal opportunity employer that believes in diversity as a strength and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.