Arenson Law Group, PC is a busy, fast-paced law firm with 5 attorneys practicing in various areas of the law.
Busy, fast-paced law practice seeking immediate full time legal assistant.
The ideal candidate will be friendly, detail oriented, organized, able to multi-task/prioritize, proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, have excellent written and oral communication skills, a strong work ethic and the ability to work in a team and independently.
Previous legal experience is required. Pay/benefits commensurate with experience and skills.
The legal assistant will perform general administrative and clerical tasks working under the direct supervision of the firm’s office manager. You will also take direction from other members and lawyers in the firm. You will provide support in assigned legal cases.
The goal of this position is to sustain efficiency of all office procedures and case management so as to guarantee reliability and consistency.
Responsible for providing organization of case work for two or more attorneys on a daily basis with practice areas including probate, estate planning, family law, and civil litigation. Tasks may include, but are not limited to, calendaring, understanding case load, actively assisting in regular management and prioritization of work schedule, instituting and maintaining a tickler or other reminder system for attorneys, preparing and working through checklists, and drafting original documents for review. Focus will be to assist in maintaining an office that will allow the attorneys to efficiently and timely execute work for their clients.
Other legal assistant responsibilities include:
- Tracking and entering billable client time and expenses through firm billing application;
- Effectively communicating with witnesses, clients, colleagues and partners;
- Conduct/assist in thorough statistical, documentary, and legal research;
- Produce initial drafts of and file various legal documents such as appeals, motions, petitions, and deeds;
- Assisting attorneys and office manager in routine organization and filing of documents, including payment of filing fees;
- Assist in preparation of various business formation documents and records; and
- Assist in assembly and compilation of transaction books and final documents for cases and transactions.
Other administrative support responsibilities include:
- Greet visitors and perform initial screening of clients including conflicts checks;
- Serve as first responder for clients visiting the office and on the phone;
- Answer phone calls, take notes/messages and redirect calls when appropriate;
- Timely preserve and maintain an updated client file record system using firm’s database;
- Daily mail pick up and deposit without reminder;
- Scanning documents or supervising others in scanning and filing of documents to firm database on a regular basis and purging hard copy files pursuant to the firm’s policies and procedures;
- Attend meetings and type minutes/notes as required;
- Assist office manager in scheduling and supervising routine services to the law office, including but not limited to cleaning services, computer support, facilities support, document retention and shredding, keeping working areas organized, ordering office supplies, groceries and the like;
- Assist office manager in tracking and filing attorney CLE requirements on an annual basis;
- Assist in maintenance of firm contact information;
- Arrange for service requests with process service companies;
- Assist in collection of firm accounts receivable as directed; and
- Run firm errands as necessary.
Responsibilities will also include other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Successful candidates must:
- Be comfortable dealing with a diverse pool of people;
- Have Legal Secretary Certification or diploma or equivalent experience as a legal secretary, assistant, or paralegal (Bachelor's degree preferred);
- Have a basic knowledge of the constitution, legal terminology, regulations and the court system;
- Have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat, litigation management software, and document management systems; have the ability to work with various legal technologies (court-filing computer systems, transcription software, Secretary of State’s e-filing system, etc.);
- Have the ability to multi-task and work on multiple tasks and matters in parallel; and
- Be comfortable with having intermittent interruptions and working on the attorney’s timeline to meet deadlines.
Group Health/Dental/Vision insurance available, Disability insurance, Flexible spending account, Paid time off, and Retirement plan with company match.