AdvocateArc of Weld County
Advocate working with children & adults with Intellectual & Developmental Disabilities
The Arc of Weld County is a nonprofit organization committed to providing advocacy and support services to individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities in Weld County & six Northeastern Colorado counties.
The Advocate will provide advocacy services to both children and adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities (I/DD) and their families/caregivers. Experience working with people with intellectual and developmental disabilities is required. Related educational experience is preferred.
Full time non-exempt position with competitive pay and excellent benefits. Some flexibility in schedule is required.
- Responsible for maintaining a caseload of children and adult advocacy cases while maintaining accurate records, in compliance with the AWC advocacy protocol
- Assists in the development and implementation of advocacy case plans for all assigned cases, per the AWC advocacy protocol
- Maintains regular communication with the Advocacy Coordinator regarding all assigned cases in addition to other essential functions of the advocacy position
- Possess the ability to learn and understand major local, state and federal statutes e.g. Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Individuals Disability Education Act (IDEA) as well as any other local, state and federal legislation/regulations that impact individuals with disabilities
- Possess the ability to work with and navigate various systems, e.g. Health Care Policy and Finance (HCPF now includes the Department of Developmental Disabilities, DDD), school districts and Department of Education, etc.
- Will assist individuals and families with referrals to appropriately needed services or programs
- Empowers individuals and families to use all appropriately identified resources
- Establish links and productive working relationships with all services, providers, and community agencies
- Maintain compliance with the AWC employee handbook
- Participate in1:1 weekly supervisions with the Advocacy Coordinator
- Reports all incidents of Mistreatment, Abuse, Neglect, and Exploitation (MANE) to immediate supervisor
- Other duties as assigned
- Must consent to and pass a pre-employment criminal background check and driving record check, as well as periodic checks as deemed necessary
- Must be or become an active member of the Arc of Weld County; includes membership dues payment within the first 30 days of employment
- Schedule availability must be flexible, as some weekends, early mornings and evenings will be required
- Bi-lingual Spanish preferred
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.