Position Number: 997184
Department: Communications and Marketing
This position assists the Multimedia Specialist by providing a broad range of videography and photography services necessary to produce, catalog and maintain images and videos to be used in a variety of media and outlets to market the university.
Typical Duties/Job Duties:
1. Assists with video projects, including camera work and editing using Adobe Premiere Pro and other editing software.
2. Edits and enhances photographic images through Adobe Lightroom/Photoshop and other computer editing software.
3. Takes photographic images of people, activities and places, being mindful of their ultimate use.
4. Assists in organizing and maintaining the university’s library of images for easy access by multiple users.
5. Utilizes a variety of photographic, video, computer, and electronic equipment to produce photographs and videos under a variety of indoor and outdoor conditions and lighting.
6. As directed by supervisor; communicates with co-workers, administrators, faculty, staff, students, visitors and others in the course of performing given work.
7. Assists Multimedia Specialist (supervisor).
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Extensive knowledge of digital cameras for photographic and video use. Understand the function and limitations of various types of cameras, lenses, filters, electronic flashes and other accessories to best adapt situation to ultimate photographic and video needs.
2. Extensive knowledge, ability and experience with Adobe software, including Photoshop, Lightroom and other digital editing software and video editing software, such as Premiere Pro.
3. Ability to organize and maintain university catalog of electronic images and make them accessible to multiple users.
4. Ability to use cumulative skills to take or create imaginative images, with limited direction, to illustrate feature articles, magazines, brochures, web pages, posters and additional outlets.
5. Capability for producing visual images and videos under a variety of lighting and weather conditions.
6. Ability to work with and effectively direct various people on the university campus as well as models to produce effective photographs and videos.
7. Ability to manage time and to coordinate multiple assignments and deadlines effectively and efficiently.
8. Ability to manage time and projects.
9. Ability to work with other creative staff members and to take directions as necessary.
10. Ability to adapt to an irregular schedule that includes weekend and evening work.
11. Extensive skills in digital photography to create images in variety of settings ranging from the photographic studio to both indoor and outdoor athletic events.
12. Ability to work with people, to meet varying and multiple deadlines on an irregular schedule and to efficiently organize and maintain work schedules and photographic files for varying uses.
13. Ability to learn and to assist Multimedia Specialist in various situations regarding photo or video related tasks.
Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications and mass media, marketing, art or other directly related field of communications plus two years professional photography and video experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Ability to provide a portfolio of work, demonstrating photography and video skills and creativity.
Angelo State University is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to promoting and ensuring equal employment opportunity for all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Angelo State University is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to ensure equal access to employment opportunities for qualified individuals with disabilities. We are committed to ensuring that a qualified individual with a disability has the same rights and privileges in employment as non-disabled employees. If an accommodation is requested for the job application process, please contact our office at (325) 942-2168 or email us at email@example.com.
Posting Number S308P
Open Date 07/31/2020
Desired Start Date 09/01/2020
Review Start Date
Open Until Filled Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants
Must provide a link to a portfolio of video and photo projects