Registered CT TechnologistAnderson Hospital
Registered CT Technologist – Days/Evening F/T 72 hours per pay period.
- Performs and documents patient and family education activities including assessing, performing and documenting
- Provides age specific care for pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric population.
- Supports patient’s rights and responsibilities, including respect of culture and religious diversity
- Selects proper protocols for each exam
- Accurately identifies images and includes patient history
- Correlates accurately contrast media and dosage to exam
- Proficiently operates all functions of the CT scanner and workstation equipment
- Assists physicians, students, and other technologists with procedures
- Maintains compliance with Patient Safety Goals
- Is in compliance with all radiation safety standards
- Documents all interventions and completes accurately and in a timely manner all exam information
- Performs QC procedures on CT scanners as directed by the physicist’s protocol
Education Requirements and Other Requirements:
Education Level: High school diploma or equivalent.
Certification/Licensure: Formal radiologic technology training in AMA approved school.
Must be ARRT registered and IDNS licensed unrestricted.
Current BLS: Required
Extensive walking, standing, pushing and/or lifting medium to heavy weight. Exposure to radiation.
Exposure Category I: Tasks that involve exposure to blood, body fluids or tissues: All procedures or other job related tasks that involve inherent potential for mucous membrane or skin contact with blood, body fluids or tissues, or a potential for spills or splashes of them are Category I tasks. Use of appropriate protective measures should be required for every employee engaged in Category I tasks.