Events CoordinatorAnchorage Daily News
We are currently seeking an experienced Event Coordinator (full and part-time positions available) to help manager our small and large events. The Event Coordinator will assist in all aspects of event planning and management, including internal and external events.
A successful candidate will be extremely organized and be able to manage the logistics of multiple events simultaneously. Responsibilities for the Event Coordinator include meeting with clients/vendors to work out event details, plan with the client, scout and book locations, food, entertainment, staff and cleanup. The Event Coordinator also creates event proposals and presenting proposals to prospective clients.
Events Coordinator Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintaining a working relationship with vendors and venues.
- Understanding the complex needs of different events, and diverse clients.
- Planning event aspects, such as venue, dining, décor and giveaways.
- Ability to delegate event planning tasks to other staff members where necessary.
- Strong knowledge of venues and vendor offerings while taking clients on tours of venue possibilities.
- Coordinating event entertainment, including music, performers, and guest speakers.
- Attentive to the value of staying under budget while planning event specifications.
- Issuing invoices, collecting payments in a timely manner, and creating comprehensive and readable financial reports.
- Managing and overseeing events on the day of, including problem-solving, welcoming guests, directing event set-up, communicating with staff, and organizing vendors, and managing take-down.
- Communicating with marketing team to create effective advertisements for each event.
- Anticipating and planning for possible different scenarios.
- Creating sales opportunities for future events during client liaisons and during events.
- Strong communication skills, and the ability to present event ideas and plans to leadership team, client and vendors.
Events Coordinator Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant experience.
- Degree in event planning or marketing preferred.
- Previous event planning experience.
- Ability to work independently.
- Capable of working with internal and external teams and partners.
- Experience coordinating large-scale events.
- Familiarity with event registration software.
- Bachelor’s degree in business management, hospitality management, marketing or related areas.
- Ability to work under strict deadlines.