Alto Lakes Water & Sanitation District
Reports To: Operations Supervisor/Manager, and operators as assigned
Definition: Under direct supervision, performs a variety of skilled to semi-skilled duties. Repair,
maintenance, and operation of wells, pressure reduction valves, and booster pump stations in the water distribution system. Monitors, maintains, and repairs equipment in relation to the wastewater treatment plant and pump stations.
Duties: Under supervision responsible for but not limited to carrying out work assignments
relating to the operation, maintenance, and repair functions such as: Checking, servicing, repairing and maintaining water booster pump stations, lift-stations, pressure reduction valves, water wells, and telemeter equipment. Maintains routine records (water and wastewater), and checks water levels at water storage tanks, records meter reading, line flushing, and chlorination system routine maintenance. Will work as solid waste convenience center attendant as needed; performing duties required. Perform preventive maintenance and repairs on motors, generators, and pumps. Read customer water meters as required. Operates a variety of hand tools, electrical testing, and various types of power equipment. Assists and performs janitorial duties at wastewater plant, wells, booster stations, lift-stations, and shop. Flags on coming vehicles to protect the public and workers in work zones, works with hazardous chemicals (liquid chlorine, raw and treated sewage), checks security of fences and gates, cutting grass and weds around facilities. Responds to questions and complaints from the public regarding water and wastewater issues or problems. Responsible for routine maintenance of assigned vehicle.
Performs other related duties as needed or assigned. (Will be required to share on-call on rotating schedule once certification obtained)
Working Conditions: Routinely works outside, often in adverse weather. Required to work irregular hours, weekends, and holidays. Must be physically fit, work routinely requires lifting and/or moving heavy equipment and materials in excess of 100 pounds.
Travel Requirements: Ability to travel for activities such as meeting, classes, and workshops in and out of the area with overnight travel as required.
- High School Education or equivalent required.
- Valid State of New Mexico driver's license required.
- Ability to gain knowledge in water production, treatment, and distribution.
- Ability to gain knowledge in wastewater collection, and treatment.
- Ability to learn the principles, methods, materials, and tools employed in the repair and maintenance of water and wastewater systems.
- Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing.
- Ability to work under supervision and independently to complete daily activities and assignments.
- Ability to balance a variety of duties, prioritize, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to establish and maintain routine working relationships with customers, citizens, contractors, and other employees.
- Must be able to pass criminal history check.
- Must be willing to take and pass a drug/alcohol test and comply “Drug Free” policy.
- Must obtain Level I water and wastewater certifications with 18 months of employment.
Click to apply!