Public Health Program AssistantAlpinre County
Public Health Program Assistant
$19.95 - $24.26 per hour.
Under supervision, to plan, coordinate, conduct and evaluate community health education and prevention programs in a major functional area; and to perform related duties as assigned. Programs include the comprehensive tobacco control program focused on pursuing legislated and voluntary tobacco control policy, changing social norms, and ending the tobacco epidemic (funded by Prop 99 and Prop 56 through the California Department of Public Health / California Tobacco Control Program).
Minimum Qualifications: Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s degree in public health or closely related field and one year of experience in public health education. Additional experience in public education may be substituted for the required education on a year to year basis
Compensation & Benefits: 100% FTE in a five step salary system with advancement upon satisfactory completion of a one year probationary period and annual increases thereafter.
- Health Insurance: County provides medical, dental and vision coverage for employee and dependents with co-payment by employee dependent on family status.
- Vacation: Accrued at the rate of 6.67 hours per month, or 10 vacation days per year.
- Sick Leave: Earned at the rate of 8 hours per month.
- Holidays: 15 paid holidays per year.
- Retirement: Participation in the California Public Employee Retirement System (PERS), 2% at 62 plan New Members
- Deferred Compensation: the County has a voluntary deferred compensation program.
- Alpine County is a drug, alcohol and smoke-free workplace.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.