Assistant County ClerkAlpine County
Assistant County Clerk $21,72 - $26.41 per hour.
Under direction, the incumbent will assist the County Clerk in the performance of Clerk, Registrar and Clerk of the Board of Supervisors functions; to maintain official documents and records; to assist in conducting elections; to act for the County Clerk in her absence; and to perform related duties as assigned. The Assistant County Clerk provides technical and administrative assistance to the County Clerk in the coordination of department activities. The incumbent must have excellent analytical and communication skills; be able to effectively work with diverse and special interest groups; and exercise common sense and good judgment.
Any combination of education and/or recent experience that has provided the knowledge skills and abilities necessary for satisfactory job performance. High school diploma or GED equivalent supplemented by technical or college-level courses in business or office administration, records management or closely related subjects. Three years of progressively responsible experience in a county clerk’s office or a similar office environment involving frequent public contact, and preferably including work in a lead or supervisory capacity.
Compensation & Benefits
100% FTE in a five step salary system with advancement upon satisfactory completion of a one year probationary period and annual increases thereafter.
- Health Insurance: County provides medical, dental and vision coverage for employees and dependents with co-payment by employees, dependent upon family status.
- Vacation: Accrued at the rate of 3.077 hours bi-weekly, or 10 vacation days per year.
- Sick Leave: Earned at the rate of 8 hours per month.
- Holidays: 15 paid holidays per year.
- Retirement: Participation in the California Public Employee Retirement System (PERS), 2% at 62 plan
- Deferred Compensation: Voluntary deferred compensation program offered.
- Alpine County is a drug, alcohol and smoke-free workplace.