Appraiser/ Senior AppraiserAlpine County
Assessor/ Recorder's Office, Alpine County, CA.
- Appraiser 42 ($21.11-$25.67) per hour.
- Senior Appraiser 43B ($22.71-$27.61) per hour.
Minimum Qualifications: Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s degree in public or business administration, real estate and land management, or closely related field preferred. Some experience in real estate or property appraisal is desirable for the Appraiser. Must either possess a current license to appraise real property issued by the State of California or the ability to obtain a valid certificate as an appraiser issued by the California State Board of Equalization within one year of appointment.
Senior Appraiser requires two years as an Appraiser for Alpine County or three years of professional experience appraising real property. Possession of a valid certificate as an appraiser issued by the California State Board of Equalization.
Must possess a valid driver’s license.
Compensation & Benefits: 100% FTE in a five step salary system with advancement upon satisfactory completion of a one year probationary period and annual increases thereafter.
- Health Insurance: County provides medical, dental and vision coverage for employee with co-payment by employees, based on family status
- Vacation: Accrued at the rate of 6.67 hours per month, or 10 vacation days per year.
- Sick Leave: Earned at the rate of 8 hours per month.
- Holidays: 15 paid holidays per year.
- Retirement: Participation in the California Public Employee Retirement System (PERS), 2% at 62 plan for “New Members”
- Deferred Compensation: The County has a voluntary deferred compensation program.
Alpine County is a drug, alcohol and smoke-free workplace.
EOE/ADA fax and postmarks not accepted.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.