Medical Assistants and LPNsAllergy and Asthma Associates of Pittsburgh
Allergy and Asthma Associates of Pittsburgh is seeking both Medical Assistants and LPNs to join our practice. We are a thriving multi-physician allergy practice with office locations at Gateway Towers in downtown Pittsburgh and in Harmarville. We offer a strong team environment with personnel dedicated to excellent patient care. Our practice, founded by Dr. Mayer Green, has been helping pediatric and adult patients for over 80 years and continues its tradition of excellence in patient care with its providers Drs. Richard Green, Andrew Vayonis and Thomas Mertz.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Responsibilities: Collecting vital signs; Collaborating with physicians; Administering immunotherapy (allergy) and vaccine injections to children and adults; Administering breathing treatments; Performing allergy skin testing, patch testing, pulmonary function testing and oral challenges; Providing patient teaching and instruction; Obtaining prior authorizations for medical treatment; Completing telephone triage.
- 1 year of experience in healthcare setting (Preferred)
- Certified Medical Assistant
- Licensed Practical Nurse (Required)
- BLS certified
- Strong assessment, communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and be a self-starter
- Ability to work positively with others in the healthcare environment
- Professional and reliable
- Open to training and eager to learn
- EMR and computer skills
Salary: Based on experience and training
Benefit package: Offered for full-time employees
Please include references with resume for consideration.