Sampling Kitchen AssistantALDI
We're ALDI, one of America's favorite grocers. We've grown a lot in the past few years, expanding our reach and customer base all around the country. Whether it's in customer service or our exceptional products, we owe our success to the efficiencies we create in every corner of our company and the people at each level who make that happen.
Our Sampling Kitchen is where we carefully test our food products to bring customers the high-quality ALDI-exclusive brands and flavors they love. Supporting our buying team with food preparation, and setting up daily sampling sessions for the purpose of sensory evaluations. The best part? You'll pursue your passion for food with the support of a stable, growing company.
Position Type: Full-Time
Starting Wage: $20.00/hour
Duties and Responsibilities:
Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Consults with the department to coordinate the annual random benchmark schedule; ensuring routine quality checks of ALDI products in comparison with competitors.
- Coordinates the on-time delivery of divisional samples for product samplings and ensures all product samples are handled and stored in a safe, organized manner.
- Supports Public Relations initiatives and provides culinary support at events hosted on-site.
- Supports and assists the team to ensure proper food preparation in a consistent and efficient manner.
- Maintains the high standards of hygiene, safety, cleanliness and sanitation in the sampling and kitchen areas.
- Provides feedback relating to ALDI packaging quality, in comparison to competitors, as needed for leadership.
- Assists the team in organizing and setting up the product samples for leadership’s evaluation at specifically prearranged sampling sessions in accordance with the agreed sampling session protocol, and cleans up the product samples during and following each sampling session.
- Obtains product samples from competitive retailers, company stores, and the local company warehouse, when necessary as well as reconciles competitive retailers receipts with cash spent on a weekly basis.
- Collaborates with team members and communicates relevant information to direct leader.
- Upholds the security and confidentiality of documents and data within area of responsibility.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma / GED.
- A minimum of 1 year of relevant experience.
- A combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
- Works cooperatively and collaboratively within a group.
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with internal and external parties.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Ability to stay organized and multi-task in an efficient and professional manner.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Prepares written materials to meet purpose and audience.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment, consistently meeting deadlines and remaining calm under pressure.
- Maintains regular, consistent and punctual attendance.
- Completes Illinois Department of Health County Certification course for food service and sanitation within 90 days of hire. The certification must be renewed and maintained according to the Illinois Department of Health guidelines.
• Ability to lift up to 45 pounds with or without reasonable accommodations.
ALDI offers competitive wages and benefits, including:
- Industry-leading Wages
- Major Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance & Prescription Coverage for Eligible Employees
- Generous Vacation Time & 7 Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Plan
- Company Contribution to Retirement Savings Plan
- Short- and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Life & Disability Insurance
ALDI is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. As a proud Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), we do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other protected characteristic.