QA Food Specialist - ProduceALDI
QA Food Specialist - Produce
We're ALDI, one of America's favorite grocers. We've grown a lot in the past few years, expanding our reach and customer base all around the country. Whether it's in customer service or our exceptional products, we owe our success to the efficiencies we create in every corner of our company and the people at each level who make that happen.
The best products at the lowest possible prices? That’s no small task. And to do it right we need a strong, dedicated Quality Assurance team. On it, you’ll make sure everything we do is on point, from products to packaging to infrastructure. Our guarantee is more important than ever, and that means you have a big opportunity to make a difference.
Position Type: Full-Time
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Conducts Quality Assurance evaluations and communicates report findings to appropriate personnel within the Corporate Buying department.
- Reviews food safety audits, certificates, and corrective action reports to ensure compliance with ALDI’s food safety audit requirements.
- Supports the Corporate Buying department by providing fresh produce expertise in order to promote efficient product development.
- Acts as a liaison between external vendors and the Corporate Buying department in regards to technical Quality Assurance evaluations and/or test results to ensure correctness and credibility.
- Conducts quality investigations and create reports for fresh produce specifications and national brand comparisons.
- Informs Quality Assurance Manager of technical, legislative, and quality matters within area of responsibility.
- Prepares reports, presentations, and materials for the Quality Assurance department.
- Recommends process improvements for area of responsibility.
- Collaborates with team members and communicates relevant information to leadership.
- Upholds the security and confidentiality of documents and data within area of responsibility.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Food Science, Engineering, Physics, Microbiology, Chemistry, and other Applied Science, or a related field.
• A minimum of 2 years of progressive experience in Food Safety, Quality, R&D, Manufacturing, and/or Product Safety.
• A combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
• HACCP and FSMA PCQI training or certification, preferred.
• Knowledge of the fresh produce commodity.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Effective time and resource management; maximizes productivity.
• Problem-solving skills.
• Ability to stay organized and multi-task in a professional and efficient manner.
• Ability to interpret and apply company policies and procedures.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
ALDI offers competitive wages and benefits, including:
- Industry-leading Wages
- Major Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance & Prescription Coverage for Eligible Employees
- Generous Vacation Time & 7 Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Plan
- Company Contribution to Retirement Savings Plan
- Short- and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Life & Disability Insurance
ALDI is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. As a proud Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO), we do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other protected characteristic.