We're ALDI, one of America's favorite grocers. We've grown a lot in the past few years, expanding our reach and customer base all around the country. Whether it's in customer service or our exceptional products, we owe our success to the efficiencies we create in every corner of our company and the people at each level who make that happen.
Our goal is to operate 2,500 stores by 2022. The only question is, where do we do it and what do we build? That's what you'll answer on our real estate team: finding our next locations, negotiating the deals and building our future ALDI sites. Keeping us moving forward can translate into a great move for your career.
Position Type: Full-Time
Starting Wage: $21.00
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Demonstrates initiative in their role by identifying opportunities to improve processes and overall efficiency.
- Analyzes and investigates spend data to aid strategic planning and development for the category.
- Manages all aspects of sourcing activity including strategy, research, tender, contract awarding, and implementation.
- Coordinates the full on boarding of new suppliers into the program and oversees the ongoing adherence of vendors to the contract terms.
- Acts as a liaison within the organization to communicate processes and strategy.
- Maintains collaborative relationships with vendors to achieve category targets in quality, cost, and service and to foster vendor partnerships.
- Provides comprehensive and professional support service to management and leadership.
- Maintains an efficient and well organized filing system and workstation within the office
- Trains and cross trains with other employees.
- Collaborates with team members and communicates relevant information to direct leader.
- Upholds the security and confidentiality of documents and data within area of responsibility.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or a related field.
• A minimum of 1 year of relevant experience.
• A combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
• Ability to develop rapport, trust, and open communication that enhances the growth and job performance of personnel
• Works cooperatively and collaboratively within a group.
• Develops positive relationships with internal and external parties.
• Skill of selecting and procuring goods in consideration of cost, quality, delivery, and service options.
• Negotiation skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Prepares written materials to meet purpose and audience.
• Ability to stay organized and multi-task in a professional and efficient manner.
• Effective time-management; maximizes productivity.
• Gives attention to detail and follows instructions.
• Ability to submit work accurately and timely.
• Analyzes and interprets data.
• Establishes a goals and works toward achievement.
• Problem-solving skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
ALDI offers competitive wages and benefits, including:
- Industry-leading Wages
- Major Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance & Prescription Coverage for Eligible Employees
- Generous Vacation Time & 7 Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Plan
- Company Contribution to Retirement Savings Plan
- Short- and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Life & Disability Insurance
ALDI is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. As a proud Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO), we do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other protected characteristic.