Payroll Associate IIALDI
We're ALDI, one of America's favorite grocers. We've grown a lot in the past few years, expanding our reach and customer base all around the country. Whether it's in customer service or our exceptional products, we owe our success to the efficiencies we create in every corner of our company and the people at each level who make that happen.
Our Human Resources Department is focused on ALDI’s most valuable asset: our people. With teams including Administration, Employee Communications, Payroll & Benefits, Human Resource Information Systems, Legal, Risk & Security, Recruitment and Training & Development, HR makes sure that ALDI continues to employ talented and motivated people that are focused on preserving the supportive culture we're known for.
Position Type: Full-Time
Duties and Responsibilities:
Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Assists with training and cross training of knowledge and expertise within area of responsibility and advises on the daily work of less experienced team members.
• Understands the overarching company strategy, as well as communicates and models the core values of the organization among office employees. • Recommends process improvements for area of responsibility.
• Prepares, processes, reconciles and audits payroll data within the company-offered payroll system.
• Administers paid time off benefits; processes insurance payments, retirement contributions, garnishments and court orders.
• Researches and resolves tax and complex payroll matters, working proactively to identify, investigate, and report irregularities within designated area of responsibility.
• Maintains payroll data files and employee personnel files, as well as an efficient and well organized filing system for the department ensuring items are archived and disposed of per company guidelines.
• Generates wage and hour reports, as well as researches and prepares special reports as requested by management.
• Prepares and reconciles manual journal entries and distributes to Accounting for entry in to the General Ledger system.
• Generates and reconciles quarterly reports to ensure accurate wage and tax liability; prepares tax returns and multiple worksite reports.
• Communicates with internal and external auditors, attorneys and government agencies as required.
• Collaborates with team members and communicates relevant information to leadership.
• Upholds the security and confidentiality of documents and data within area of responsibility.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
• High School Diploma / GED.
• A minimum of 3 years of progressive experience in Payroll.
• A combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
• Associate’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting or related field preferred.
• Ability to utilize payroll and report writing software.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
• Ability to interpret and apply company policies and procedures.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Proficient in data entry and typing.
• Understands, reconciles and substantiates balances in associated General Ledger accounts.
• Gives attention to detail and follows instructions.
• Ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
• Ability to stay organized and multi-task in a professional and efficient manner.
• Ability to prioritize and work under strict deadlines.
• Establishes goals and works toward achievement.
• Displays expense and cost control in decision-making.
ALDI offers competitive wages and benefits, including:
- Industry-leading Wages
- Major Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance & Prescription Coverage for Eligible Employees
- Generous Vacation Time & 7 Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Plan
- Company Contribution to Retirement Savings Plan
- Short- and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Life & Disability Insurance
ALDI is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. As a proud Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO), we do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other protected characteristic.