Manager QA - ProduceALDI
Manager QA - Produce
We're ALDI, one of America's favorite grocers. We've grown a lot in the past few years, expanding our reach and customer base all around the country. Whether it's in customer service or our exceptional products, we owe our success to the efficiencies we create in every corner of our company and the people at each level who make that happen.
The best products at the lowest possible prices? That’s no small task. And to do it right we need a strong, dedicated Quality Assurance team. On it, you’ll make sure everything we do is on point, from products to packaging to infrastructure. Our guarantee is more important than ever, and that means you have a big opportunity to make a difference.
Position Type: Full-Time
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Develops and maintains warehouse produce quality inspection procedures and processes.
- Collaborates with leadership to develop testing requirements across relevant product groups, ensuring compliance with all legal requirements, and keeping product specifications up to date.
- Investigates product complaints and makes product withdrawal recommendations to the appropriate parties.
- Advises on produce industry investigations and commissions third-party test laboratories in a cost-effective manner.
- Reviews quality data to identify and address quality issues and trends.
- Assures the training, development, and performance of their team’s staff to retain a motivated, professional workforce that achieves their career objectives.
- Recruits and recommends qualified employees for their team’s staff positions.
- Approves all time-off requests for direct reports.
- Establishes and communicates job responsibilities and performance expectations to their team to assure mutual understanding of desired results; resolves internal or external barriers that prohibit successful goal achievement.
- Understands the overarching company strategy, as well as communicates and models the core values, of the organization to create a sense of teamwork and membership among employees.
- Consults with leadership on the development of their team's strategy.
- Advises leadership to source external vendors for applicable services when appropriate.
- Liaises with regions to ensure timely and efficient communication flow.
- Consults with the business to effectively design and streamline applicable processes within the organization.
- Keeps up-to-date on external best practices and relevant changes to their field/area; communicates updates to leadership.
- Manages their team by driving projects and tasks to completion through effective prioritization, work planning, resource allocation, and cross-functional collaboration.
- Identifies cost-saving opportunities and potential process improvements.
- Serves as the primary link between their team’s staff and leadership to assure understanding of company goals, objectives, and opportunities for improvement
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's Degree in Food Science, Microbiology, Food and Nutrition, Public Health, Engineering or related field.
• A minimum of 5 years progressive experience within the Quality Assurance function.
• A combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
• Retail, distributor and/or agricultural experience preferred.
• Management experience preferred.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong technical knowledge of USDA Grade Standards.
• Knowledge of GFSI audit schemes and standards.
• Regulatory knowledge of produce category (i.e. allowable pesticide residue levels, FSMA implications, etc.).
• Knowledge of various growing regions for produce and the seasonality of each.
• Technical knowledge in product evaluation techniques.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
• Maintains positive relationships with internal and external parties.
• Willingness to travel as required.
ALDI offers competitive wages and benefits, including:
- Industry-leading Wages
- Major Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance & Prescription Coverage for Eligible Employees
- Generous Vacation Time & 7 Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Plan
- Company Contribution to Retirement Savings Plan
- Short- and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Life & Disability Insurance
ALDI is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. As a proud Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO), we do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other protected characteristic.