We're ALDI, one of America's favorite grocers. We've grown a lot in the past few years, expanding our reach and customer base all around the country. Whether it's in customer service or our exceptional products, we owe our success to the efficiencies we create in every corner of our company and the people at each level who make that happen.
Every year, our trucks travel millions of miles taking products from warehouse to store. Our Logistics team navigates all the challenges that comes with it. With a dedication to sustainability, you can help them find new ways to keep everything moving smoothly. As we expand, this is your chance to join a team where your hard work is guaranteed to make a difference.
Position Type: Full-Time
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Identifies and communicates opportunities for system related or operational improvements to their direct leader.
- Recommends process improvements for area of responsibility.
- Manages transportation cost to minimize transportation spending while providing on time performance.
- Executes the daily plan by carrying out carrier assignment, tender, track and trace activities in support of on time delivery of shipments.
- Updates and enters operational data within the Transportation Management System (TMS).
- Coordinates and communicates operational requests for shipments, status, and other ad hoc requests for execution with carrier dispatchers, divisions or supplier shipping docks and managers.
- Manages through and provides options for operational failures of carriers, divisions, coordinators and others to execute and deliver on time delivery of freight.
- Collaborates with team members and communicates relevant information to leadership.
- Upholds the security and confidentiality of documents and data within area of responsibility.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain Management or a related field.
• A minimum of 3 years of progressive experience in Logistics.
• A combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
• Familiarity with current transportation management tools and systems, including electronic execution within a Transportation Management System (TMS).
• Knowledge of order management and consolidation technology.
• Knowledge of electronic tender track and trace methods (e.g. EDI and Auto Fax), electronic bid management, and associated contract management.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
• Knowledge of carrier selection, rating, routing, and assignment.
• Knowledge of products and services of the company.
• Gives attention to detail and follows instructions.
• Ability to stay organized and multi-task in a professional and efficient manner.
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment, consistently meeting deadlines and remaining calm under pressure.
ALDI offers competitive wages and benefits, including:
- Industry-leading Wages
- Major Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance & Prescription Coverage for Eligible Employees
- Generous Vacation Time & 7 Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Plan
- Company Contribution to Retirement Savings Plan
- Short- and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Life & Disability Insurance
ALDI is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. As a proud Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO), we do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other protected characteristic.